The Power of Example: How Being a Good Professional Shapes Your Children's Values.

As a mother of two boys and a conservationist for the past 25 years, I have experienced firsthand the challenges and rewards of being a working mother in a purpose-led organization. Balancing the demands of work and family life can be a constant juggling act, but I have found that my experiences as a mother have helped me to develop key leadership skills.

When my boys were young, I had to be highly organized and efficient in order to balance my work commitments with their needs. This meant developing strong time management skills, as well as the ability to delegate tasks effectively. These skills have proved invaluable as I have taken on leadership roles within the organizations I have worked for, allowing me to prioritize tasks and delegate responsibilities to others.

As a mother, I have also developed a strong sense of empathy and sensitivity to the needs of others. This has helped me to build strong relationships with my colleagues and team members, and to create a supportive and nurturing workplace culture. In conservation, we often work in high-pressure environments, and the ability to connect with and support others is essential for achieving our goals.

Finally, I have found that my experiences as a mother have given me a unique perspective and a sixth sense for anticipating potential problems and opportunities. As a single mother for a long time, I had to be particularly resourceful and adaptable, and this has translated well into my work in conservation. I am able to spot emerging trends and pivot quickly to changing circumstances, which has been a valuable asset in helping my organizations to achieve our goals.

As a working mother, it's not only important to excel in your professional life, but it's equally important to guide your children by setting an example for them. It's essential to show them that it's possible to balance work and family life, and to demonstrate the importance of hard work, dedication, and caring for those you work with.

As a conservationist, I have been able to teach my children the value of protecting the environment and the importance of sustainability. By involving them in my work and showing them the impact we can make as individuals and as a team, I've been able to instill in them the same sense of purpose and responsibility towards the world we live in.

Furthermore, being a good professional has given me a platform to teach my children about the importance of honesty, integrity, and being true to oneself. By modeling these values in my work, I've been able to teach my children the value of being honest, hardworking, and committed to their own passions and goals.

Being a working mother in a purpose-led organization is not always easy, but it is incredibly rewarding. By bringing our whole selves to work, including our experiences as mothers, we can help to create more inclusive and effective workplace cultures that benefit everyone. I am proud to be a working mother in conservation, and I look forward to continuing to use my skills and experiences to make a positive impact in the world.

Ultimately, being a working mother has given me the opportunity to not only excel in my professional life but also to teach my children important values and skills that will serve them well in their own lives. By being a role model for them, I hope to inspire them to pursue their own passions and to make a positive impact in the world around them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood: My First School of Leadership

Integrating PES into REDD+ Projects: Key Insights for Project Managers

Bridging the Gap: The Critical Intersection of Sustainability and Social Equity